Sunday, January 8, 2012

first week in the books....

So we have our first week of adjusting our diet in the books...it was easier than i thought even though we didn't follow the menu to a t.  I have too much of a go with the flow (what?) personality, or maybe it's a what-so-ever-things-are-flexible personality...either way, one night last week we were supposed to have bean burritos and that didn't happen.  I was just not in a burrito mood....luckily we have a pretty stocked pantry, so I pulled something else together pretty quickly and it was tasty....and that's what counts right?

So this week, it's a little hectic.  Max and Katie are back to school (finally? did I just say that?), and I'm working two full days, Chris has a booked schedule, so I'm going to have to be pretty thoughtful with our menu planning.

Sunday - Wiggles Soup - pulled from our freezer - it's a veggie soup that Max actually likes.  There is some ground beef in the soup, so this will be our first meaty-meat in over a week.

Monday - I'm picking up a Pi Phi LDC right at dinner time to deliver her to Butler...so I'll be eating a 'snacky' dinner - apple with PB, carrots, almonds and likely a Soy Chai from 'bucks.  The family's having a Kashi frozen margharita pizza and fruit salad.
Tuesday - Chicken & Spicy Bean Burritos from Annie's Eats (Love her recipies!)
Wednesday - Need some ideas - something quick and easy or a crockpot recipe.
Thursday - Sundried tomato and fontina rissoto with roasted broccoli (pinterest recipies)
Friday -
Saturday- Mushroom Casserole and big green salad

Things I've noticed - if I keep up with my h2o consumption, I feel great - otherwise I wanna snack.  I'm not missing meat much...except for today and I really want a Boogie Burger.


No comments: